domenica 23 settembre 2012

Typewriter Thrills

   I really must stop with the blog-title alliterations, shouldn't I?
   So guys, the typewriter that I ordered on eBay last Monday came yesterday! It's a real beauty. Unfortunately, the ribbon is really not too good, so I can't type much until the ribbon comes, which I ordered just about 10 or 15 minutes ago, sooo we'll see how that works out. I can make indents in the paper (ooh, aah), but that's just about it for now. But that's fine; I'm perfectly content just gazing ecstatically at it on its perch on my desk. WOOT! 
   Yesterday we (Mom, Dad, me, and little brothers) went into the city for a seemingly cool Italian festival in Little Italy, and we had a great time. The festival itself was really crowded and chaotic and all that good stuff, so everyone was getting kind of meltdown-y. But the savory crepes and sights were both quite good! Fall rocks. There was this cool street vendor who sold little wrist cuffs sewed by her and her partner out of other clothes. My mom got a brown one with a zipper on it and I got a green one made out of a t-shirt. Here's a picture of that; I'm wearing it today--
 The website for the different accessories is right here, for those interested. It's a tad pricey, but it's a cool idea. They make wallets, necklaces, cuffs, and scarves all by themselves!



   We sat down at a little playground and ate crepes, pizza, and gigantic chunks of watermelon, and then my mom and I decided to go over to a nearby rice pudding place called Rice to Riches, only because it looked busy and my grandma (shout-out to Grandma, allo!) is always talking about it. It was deee-licious! They just had the coolest flavors and it tasted real good. My dad looked up the recipe for my favorite flavor, chocolate chip, so if we ever get around to making it, I'll post the recipe here! 
   Hope y'all liked the cuff, and if you ever venture out into the city and someone suggests Rice to Riches, don't be disgusted by the idea of rice pudding! This certain someone is a wise... person. Take the tip! 
Yours truly,
TAFKA Pinky

3 commenti:

  1. I can not believe I am saying this but I'm jelious of my little brother. He had rice pudding without me! So he had very yummy rice pudding with griffin and my fashion friend and did not bring me any. That's mean. So very, very mean! Now I'll go do something to him in his sleep. Bye ;) * evil smile*

    P.S love the cuff and the rest of your post bye ;)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hey May! Ooh! I wanna typewriter! That's how you should do my next birthday card. hint.hint. Soo, the festival sounds cool! And u need to come over sometime! Adios

    RispondiElimina