sabato 27 ottobre 2012

A Very Billy Halloween

   So as we are aware, Halloween is approaching! The Halloween Carnival at FMS was on Friday (yeahhh, Jezebel the Wolf) and there were a lot of cool costumes, mostly three-year-old boys clad in awesome cartoonish masks and 10-year-old girls in Flintstone costumes (okay, THAT was just rated awesome). My Halloween creation this year was Billy Elliot! I had a long list, too, down below:
*R2-D2
*A sticker/stamp like the one on Rookie: 
*A sandwich... what on Earth possessed me to think being a SANDWICH Y'ALL of all things? Jeez.
*Honey Boo-Boo ;) naw, that's a joke
*Michael Jackson (until SYDNEY decided to be him and even went as far as suggesting she wear a bow tie, which is just... evil. But it'll look awesome, I bet...)
*Freddie Mercury (cough, cough)
*Sandy from Grease (which would have been especially funny right now)
*a car!
*Chris Colfer

   The costume comprised a blue boy's button-down, courtesy of Children's Place (it's a wonder I still fit into all the stuff in that place. I found this uh-mazing pair of brown sneakers that would have looked great with googly eyes, but seeing as I already have hoarded too many pairs of shoes, I let it take up space on the shelf.) like THIS.
   Then my ever-helpful mother (the polls are up! Hah... Calvin and Hobbes reference) went to Target for me and bought the ultimate, pink, frothy tutu that outlines a 5-year-old girl's heaven (and I suppose mine too... and I'm a lot older than 5), like THIS lovely guy.
   The inspiration was this scene in Billy Elliot: the song Expressing Yourself (Madmoo's and my anthem at gym...) when Billy, Michael, and Background Dancer #1 are dancing with tutus. Beautiful.
 The rest of the outfit was just jeans, brand-spanking-new Capezio ballet slippers from a real live dance store (how was I supposed to know the proper ballet-slipper etiquette in that place?!), one of my beloved ties, and a duffel bag from AZ Flyer decorated with rated-awesome gold letters saying ELLIOT so at least one person at school may have the faintest idea of who I might be. I swear! Has no one ever seen Billy? Gawsh.

2 commenti:

  1. Hey Elliot! I thought ur costume was very coolishious. Also when did I give u the bag saying Elliot? Oh I know why u thought of a sandwich u were hungry of corse! That was probably one of my most shortest coments. Kk bye :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Merlin's Beard! Why did I not think of these costumes!?!?! I mean, lois lane is a great costume for me but i would've totally gone as rachel berry or someone else from glee or a broadway show! (Not chris, I couldn't have done his beauty justice)

    RispondiElimina