domenica 2 dicembre 2012

Bread-Baking Festivities

    Ooh, yum, baking bread later today. Posted right down heres is a delicious recipe that we're going to be making today in the Alien kitchen (because 'Alien' is my surname...?). It's of a certain Cheddar Cheese Bread that is sure to be spectaculamousar, so get out your bread tins (or whatever they're called. What, molds? Cups?) and start baking! Also, in the spirit of the winter present-giving holidays, look into this for future chef-mathematicians such as myself: the PI DISH!
It has the first few dozen digits of pi all around the rim. Perfect, I would imagine, for making apple pi. Pretty punny, huh? Ayo up high! So enjoy this darn-well delicious bread recipe. Good luck, chefs. Your time... starts... now. 
FOR MAKIN' THE CHEDDAR CHEESE LOAVES:
Ingredients: 3½ cups flour
1¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tbsp. butter, softened
4 oz. sharp orange cheddar, coarsely shredded
1¾ cups buttermilk

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease two 5-by-9 loaf pans. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Using your handy-dandy fingers, mix TWO tbsp. butter into the flour mixture until well incorporated (it should look like sand). Add the cheese; toss to coat. Add the buttermilk and stir until the dough just comes together. Divide between the pans; smooth the tops.
2. Cut a shallow cross all the way across the tops of the loaves. Thinly slice the remaining 1 tbsp. butter. Place the butter in the cuts in each loaf. Bake until the top is browned and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan at least 30 minutes before slicing.

6 commenti:

  1. hey May! I'm totally gonna try this! We bought a bread maker! The pic looks soooooooo delicousy! I wanna eat! May I ask, to be answered in a post since you can't respond in a comment, where did you get this recipe? Adios! Gotta go bake some bread...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. YOU DID?! That's so fabulous! Did you bake anything yet? That's the coolest thing ever! Fo' sho' you should tell us when you have a successful loaf of MadBread. Because for some reason my Google Plus account was messing everything up, I had to delete it, but when I did I was able to comment again! HUZZAH! So I can answer you right now. I got this recipe from an "easy bread-making" li'l booklet from RAchael Ray or summat.

      Elimina
    2. yay! well, I'm still waiting for the right opportunity since when i wanted to make it we were *tooo busy* I will be sure to find that book!

      Elimina
  2. I kind of want the pi plate/bowl thing! -Shan

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Isn't it the most handy-dandy thing? I bet you could come up with some cool Shan creation to use it with too. LIke the cool lattice-pie-thing.

      Elimina
    2. I want to make like a rasp berry pie for some reason, I only know how to make apple! I love how it has the numbers of pi on it! Emi won't ever forget! -Shan

      Elimina