domenica 17 marzo 2013

We Both Reached for the Gun

    SO GUYS! I'm just bursting with enthusiasm because yesterday I went to see Chicago on Broadway and it was so great. We sat on the second level of Ambassador Theatre, right at the ledge, and a silly girl kept talking about how her uncle told her about someone puking right above her on the second level, and how she would bring an umbrella next time. Nasty side conversations! But then the show started, and it was just stellar... obviously, I spent a lot of my day today listening over and over to the soundtrack on iTunes, YouTube, and 8tracks--especially the puppet song, PAHM! Such a work of art. This I can now add to my growing list of Broadway shows. I'm going to write type this list all out, because you all care soooo much about all of the playbills I've collected over the years. Now, have fun!
          BROADWAY SHOWS I'VE SEEN, YA KNOW
*Billy Elliot
*Lion King
*Chicago
*Mary Poppins
*Wicked
*How the Grinch Stole Christmas
*Mamma Mia!
*soon Annie, later this month
*I feel like I'm forgetting something...
*The Nutcracker at Lincoln Center, like that counts
         I am so lucky! I just realized that. All of us people living near NYC are so lucky. Not trying to gloat, but not too many people get the chance to see this many Broadway shows. And, well, relatively speaking, I'm barely past my single digits, and I've seen 7--soon to be 8, whaat?--shows already. That's so insane! And lucky. I feel pretty spoiled now.
         Moving this discussion away from morals... I loved Bob Fosse's choreography (so roaring 20s!) and obviously the score; I loved Roxie, and Billy Flynn, and Cell Block Tango (one of the only songs I already knew), and not Velma because she was a little bit creepy. But she had a cool voice. I loved when Amos sang "Mr. Cellophane" because his voice was pretty much the antithesis of Kurt's when he sang it on Glee. Basically, I thought it was uh-MAZING. Also, happy early birthday to Jezebel! Good day, and *ugh* back to school. If you see a boy named Richard who is really short and goes on his neighbors' swings, alert Tess immediately.

5 commenti:

  1. No, no. You knew every single song! Yeah I loved Cell Block Tango, too! Wow...we really are spoiled. I've seen the same list as yours minus Mamma Mia (wanna see it) mary poppins and how the grinch stole Christmas. (I will see annie in the future too)and adding rent, les miserable, and rent. We really are a spoiled group! Wowza! I love where we live: not too far from the country/beach/city/forest! it's great! Ok looooong comment so adios!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Haha, riiight, because you remembered to give me the CD! Fo shizzle. We're at the perfect geographic location, especially for you, Broadway Babe, and me, the aspiring designer. So great!

      Elimina
    2. oh yeah and Bring It On ANd Phanton of the Opera

      Elimina
  2. MR. CELLOPHANE! again with the stalking:) I love the part when he touches his hair when he sings it, so Kurt<3 Lucky you! I've been to one:/ thanks mom and dad

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. YES!!! Ally is sending me random chain mail things xD totally him. Role model! Yeah, but you've been to, what, every single country in Asia!

      Elimina