martedì 14 agosto 2012

Iron Man Triathlon

     Haaaay, guys! For those wondering how Iron Man went, it was great! I went with my dad & brother, and handed out cups of ice-cold water--"I-i-i-ice watah! Anyone for some i-i-i-ice watah?" until I said it so much that "water" didn't even sound like a real word--and salty snacks such as chips, pretzels, and strangely, chocolate chip cookies that both looked AND tasted suspiciously like Chips Ahoy... :) All in all, it was great and quite exhausting. I was pretty darn amazed by the endurance level and the hard work of the runners. There were people from Mexico, Australia, Italy, and random towns in middle America, as well as blind people and one guy who must have been in an accident or something, because both of his arms were stubs, but he still managed to cradle a water cup in the crook of his longer arm. I say great job for all of them! 
     I finally got to sleep around 11:30 or so (which is relatively late for me--hey, a girl needs her beauty sleep!), but the whole time, I just saw people in my head running up to me, sweaty but determined. It was kinda funny. And, of course, I was pretty sore the day after because of standing in the middle of the street from 2 something till 7 PM, but it was SOOO worth it! And, of course, the hot dogs, chips, and donuts that were given (among other delicious treats) to the volunteers didn't hurt... 

1 commento:

  1. Tay, I agree with your post. I really enjoyed supporting people reach their goal of finishing an Ironman Triathlon. It inspired me to keep reaching for my goals however big (or long) they are. Thanks again for volunteering with me.

    RispondiElimina