martedì 14 agosto 2012

Trends, pt. 2

     Velcome, velcome, everyone! Now, back to fashion. Here's the Treasury of Trends part 2, which will be my personal favorite Pinkyfads (LOL!) and possibly a few outfits that you could wear during the back-to-school period. As you all may know, our family is going to California on Friday, so I'll be able to pack my beloved jeans and red peacoat for the mid-60s weather in San Francisco and such... SCORE! :) 
     THINGS THAT I DEEM FASHIONABLE IN MY CRAZY BUBBLE OF STYLE
*kneesocks! I like black ones, but patterned and white ones are also pretty cool. Things that are great about them:
(a) They can be worn with almost anything: shorts, skirts (as long as they're not TOO long), dresses, rompers, etc.
(b) They're perfect for back-to-school because they can be added to short shorts or a short dress and warm you up if it's chilly.
(c) They come in almost any pattern, color, and texture.
(d) Rachel Berry from Glee wears them a lot, which probably makes half of you who know her groan because you don't like her, and the other half smile because on Glee, her style is not exactly, um, appreciated, but it's a Glee reference, so maybe you will wear them...?
(e) They just rock; enough said! :)
Here are some pics I found from Rookie, a great site for older teens that I mostly go to for style ideas:  Cute, mm? An easy way to make kneesocks is to (a) durr, buy them, but (b) is to take a pair of tights--maybe from when you were younger, maybe from your little sister, maybe from you because you like wearing tights; that's cool, by the way--and just make a line right on the knees of both (it's better to make them a little longer, rawther than a little shorter, because if they're too short, they won't cling properly and will fall down when you step out the door of your house/apartment/majestic castle/whatever place you may be inhabiting.
Here are some more that aren't necessarily from Rookie:  [how+to+wear+over+the+knee+socks.jpg]  
*forehead headbands (at least, that's what I suppose they're called)! They can look kind of weird, but they also can look cool and nature-chic-y. I sometimes wear them when my hair isn't cooperating, but I don't really think it's a school look, so we shall see about these guys. Take a look!     
*houndstooth! Just the pattern itself makes my heart beat faster... I got a roll of houndstooth duct tape, and I was in HEAVEN! I encourage everyone to get tons of (a) duct tape and (b) houndstooth. What are your favorite patterns?    Ad Image SOCKS!!!             
*saddle shoes! They're so very '50s retro and they're just fun shoes. They kind of remind me of my beloved Sperrys! My mom was telling me about the perils of having to wear them while cheerleading in high school, but don't they just seem great?    
*silk scarves! French, smooth, and classy...     
Hope you enjoyed this collection of ideas! Stay tuned for cute outfit ideas a la Nicole Vad...

1 commento:

  1. Hey May! This is absoulutely fab! I, too, am a fan of silk scarves and just as a heads up, they have them at H+M, where I went for the very fist time! i always wondered what saddle shoes looked like! Well, they kinda remind me of bowling shoes, but I love bowling...SOOO henceforth, I love those shoes! Adios!

    RispondiElimina