venerdì 3 febbraio 2012

Confucius's Words of Wisdom (betcha he didn't invent the retainer)


     In S.S., we're learning about ancient China (oooh, aaah) and my teacher gave us a bunch of Confucius's quotes (he's one cool dude!) to look at. They're pretty good, considering they're from arooooooound 551-479 BCE (his lifetime; I don't know when he actually wrote the quotes *HEY! A RHYME!*). Here're a few of my favorites:

~"Wherever you go, go with all your heart."

~"If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake."

~"Silence is a true friend who never betrays." (This isn't actually one of my favorites, but I just want to point out that MY besties would never betray me either!! You rock, guys! ... yet I have no comments from any of them *sob*)

~"You cannot open a book without learning something." (I love this one cause of my bookworminess)

~"Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean."


~"Chose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." (Very true!)


That's all for words of wisdom!! See y'all!!

2 commenti:

  1. u r getting a comment from me! yay..i will be first comment! I bet you can guess who i am.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Yes, silly... but you creeped me out for a second there!! LOL

    RispondiElimina