sabato 24 marzo 2012

Book List- Seriously People, You Can Trust ME!!

OK everybody, as y'all probably know, I'm a complete and utter bookworm and wordie, so I've always wanted to do a post about book picks. Finally, my aspiration *vocab word!!* is coming true, so here y'all are: a look into the mind of moi, Pinky, in terms of great literature! :) Hope you enjoy!

~The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (Comment: The main character, Mia, is very realistic and she has a great personality!! Plus, who doesn't want to wake up one morning and find out that you're a princess?? LOL. I just got into these a few weeks ago, and now I'm asking to go to the library every day to get more of them!)
~Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli; Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (Comment: Stargirl is about this girl ((named Stargirl)) who is kinda strange (((but she's cool to me!))) but it's good. And Love, Stargirl is like that too, except I like it better because it's from Stargirl's perspective.)
~Smile by Raina Telgemeier (Comment: It's pretty funny; it's about a girl who 1) has serious dental problems, and 2) has really mean friends who make fun of her and she just puts up with it. And of course, other stuff mixed in. Great read!)
~Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (Comment: I know this sounds old, but it's a really imaginative book. I did a book report on it earlier this year, and I really liked it. If you don't want a really long book with small print, I suggest not getting the actual version of the book... get a Great Illustrated Classics copy, which has much less words and it's a lower reading level. Of course, the first version is better, but the G. I. C. is the next best thing.)
~The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin (Comment: Need I say more?)
~How to Rock Braces and Glasses by Meg Haston (Comment: This is about a mean, "popular" girl who has her own TV show for her school and basically publicly embarrasses people in front of the school. Then she gets braces and glasses, and her equally mean friends drop her and she goes down the social ladder and she makes a bunch of new, nice friends. It's a great *happy* ending.)
~Lynn Visible by Julia DeVillers (Comment: About a really fun, quirky, stylish fashion designer named Lynn who is misunderstood by her school because of her awesome, handmade clothes that no one realizes are awesome yet. Then a fashion magazine editor discovers her, and she's made famous, and everyone's like, OMG! Y'know, I was your friend all along, right?? But Lynn finds her TRUE friends, and everybody's happy.)
                      OK, this post is getting really long... I think I'll just do a Part Two another time... Ciao for now!! *****PINKY*****

5 commenti:

  1. Hey May!!!! I trust your word! And for anyone else readin' this comment, you MUST read stargirl and you MUST love it!Adios...

    RispondiElimina
  2. OMG is that you Em??? That's so cool, you can finally post on 8 Perfect Pairs of Heirs! YaYaYaYaYay!

    RispondiElimina
  3. And Maddie, thanks for actually trusting me!! LOL... not many people do. Yeah, you guys SO need to read Stargirl.. although Love, Stargirl is better 'cause in it, Leo isn't being mean to Stargirl :( Bad Leo. I don't know what Stargirl saw in him!

    RispondiElimina