mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013

Poisonwood Bible Presentation

    Good morning! I'm [Rhea], and I've been reading this interesting book by the name of The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver. I'm only on page 1o9 out of about 55o pages, but already the book seems well-written and captivating. The story documents the somewhat awkward and uncomfortable experiences of an ex-pat family from Georgia that moves to Africa, right in the midst of total anarchy (VO-CAB!) in the Congo. The setting of the book is one that's not too commonly written about, which is why I find the book so interesting. I would definitely recommend this book to those who like learning about different countries and cultures. Thanks for listening, and I hope you're inspired to read this novel! *waits humbly for applause* Any questions?

    I have to memorize this for tomorrow to recite in front of my gosh darn WHOLE ENTIRE l.a. class. Aaah, Timmy noise! Wish me luck; ya know how I am with oral presentations. We also had one today in social studies, for Black History Month. My three top prospects were Jesse Owens, Bill Cosby, and *dur* Michael Jackson, but I decided on Jesse Owens. Pretty interesting stuff, huh? I'm sure you just la-la-love hearing about what I do in school, day in and day out. Well, au revoir for ze night!
holycrudmonkeysitsalmostmybirthday,
Rhea of the Elves

2 commenti:

  1. You should totally get yourself on one of those publisher's lists where they send you books to read and review on your blog. Could be fun and informative.

    RispondiElimina