lunedì 4 giugno 2012

H&M Really DOES Have Its Benefits (like I ever doubted that anyway)

             Between hanging out with my friends at a street fair for MORE THAN THREE HOURS, *going to* AZ Flyer's tae kwon do ceremony (my little black belt!), splurging all my birthday money and a gift card on a shopping spree to H&M (so worth it) and watching the two-hour season finale of Touch (for those of you who watch: can you believe what happened with Amelia's mom, Jake, and Martin? And Clea was so nice! Girl poweuuuur :) ), I've been having a great weekend. So what that the dreaded oral report is tomorrow? I'm actually feeling pretty chilled out and confident... although it might just be that I'm in denial. Chortle chortle chortle! 
            Anyhoodles (apparently anything sounds cuter when it has "oodles" at the end of it... I do like the sound of "anyhoodles", haw haw), when I was at H&M with my ever-patient mother, I found all sorts of übercute clothes. (including but not limited to a striped romper, a polka-dotty dress, black and pink skinny belts, floral hair clips--although knowing me, I can't go without buying a big ol' flower accessory ;)--and sea-green shorts). 
            Another fabulous find was an adorable box of "plasters" (read: a c'est adorable name for Band-Aids) that look like cute French cartoon characters--who needs Sesame Street and Spongebob (although I've always hated him) now?--called Barbapapa. Apparently there's a whole species of these little, cute, and furry guys, including the aptly-named parents, Barbapapa and Barbamama, and their seven children of various names, but all with the prefix of "Barba" (examples of Barbabeau, who is my favorite because he's an artist; Barbalala, who is green and is a musician; and Barbabravo, who is sooperstrong). Here are some pictures below:







They were SO cute! I almost don't want to use them now... notice I said "almost"! :)
Stay helpfully handy like a good plaster... I like that much better than 'Band-Aids'. Why don't we use 'plasters' instead of 'adhesive bandages', huh? That I'd really like to know...

8 commenti:

  1. Comment to that: I finally performed my oral prez today! Thank gum... I'm just so very thankful that it's over and done with now *whew* I did mess up, though. I said "when I was 8 at my 8th grade play" *guffaw* instead of "my THIRD GRADE play". :/ Oh snap! haw haw to Dad and Fish Flopper!!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Heyoodles pinkster! Thanks so much for coming to the ceremony and I know u don't want me to say it but....SORRY! (teehee.) Anyhow the little Barba things r kinda cute. Yes we all know u love big flowery things (which reminds me to give u something that u will love and adore forever.) Also you did cooleorific on your presentation. Ttyl! :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I love the "heyoodles" thing! Am I right, though? Doesn't everything sound better when it has "oodles" at the end? I mean, c'mon... noodles and poodles who doodle, anyone?
      Please. Stop. Apologizing. For. No. Reason. Because. You. Are. Too. Nice.
      Aren't they just adorable? Us American kids don't know what they're missing! And, um, yes, I do like stuff that I love and adore forever... and thanks for boosting my morale... you did awesometatious on yours too honey, don't worry! TTFN right back atcha :)

      Elimina
  3. Risposte
    1. Wheel... it actually wasn't that bad. I messed up on some of my lines, but for the most part, I lived. Notice I said "for the most part"!

      Elimina
  4. Hey there Barbadaugher! Those H&M items are nuttin' without your accoutrements. It's all about the little touches that add up to your signature looks.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks, Barbamama (whoops! You spelled "daughter" wrong! Hmm... never thought I'd see the day! haw haw)! I *do* think that the accessories are more than the clothes, but ESPECIALLY the iffy ones... those are good stuff! :)

      Elimina
  5. Mic spelled something wrong!? This must be leap year.

    RispondiElimina