venerdì 29 giugno 2012

Now You Know About Nudibranchs

     Hallo, Freunde und Feinde!
     Hello, friends and foes! ... Although I don't think too many of you are foes around here, but I guess you can't be too sure, right?
So on this *clenches jaw* LOVELY 96°F day, I want to talk about the nudibranch fad. 
I know what you're thinking.
"Wha?!" 
"What on this great pink earth is a NUDIBRANCH?"
"That's a weird word!"
Well, believe it or not, nudibranchs are real animals, and pretty cool animals at that. Here are a few pictures:       
See how awesome they are? They come in soooo many different shapes and sizes, not to mention spikes, slime, and color. 
     Now that you're madly in love with these cool creatures of the sea, I'll explain to you what the nudibranch fad is! I bet all you guys love all your common animals. Dogs, cats, horses, dolphins, or whatever. Well folks, now is a PERFECT time to introduce to y'all the less common favorite animals. Ever hear of an axolotl? Didn't think so.  How about a tarsier? Nope!  Or a quokka? 
     
My point is, I'm trying to let people know that there are perfectly LOVELY animals out there, but they're just UNKNOWN! No one knows about nudibranchs yet, so we're gonna make them famous. You guys in? I hope so. Just like Project Post-It on May 18th, we MUST make nudibranchs known. I'm talking stickers (love, love, LOVE stickers! Especially eccentric ones ;)~), blog posts about them, profile pictures of them (OK, maybe not...), and much, much more. Just make sure to give nudibranchs their fifteen minutes (or more) of fame, and make sure that we savor how awesome they are. Thanks for listening!
stay wacky like nudibranchs,
Taylor xx  I'm telling you, it's totally smiling at me!

6 commenti:

  1. Nudibranches say......HI PINKEY U ROCK! One question what would u do with a nudibranch if u had one? Anyhoodles that last picture of the quokka is soooo cute! Also I will make nudibranches famous for about 15 minutes or more. Lastly that nudibranch is so smiling at u because it thinks u r amazing. Bye stalker #2. (I'll explain later.)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks AZ! Don't worry, they lurve you too ;) Hmm... if I had a nudibranch? That's a toughie... I guess I'd just keep it in a tank with a squid? Or an aquarium. Sounds like a plan! And I just KNEW you'd be into them quokkas. They're so you, I surrrpose. I know what Stalker #2 means (I stalk Vinny and you), so have you been hanging out with Maddie? *smile* Ciao ciao!

      Elimina
  2. Ok, I luv the nudibranch, it is true. But that bizarro axolotl -- well, let's just say that if one serene afternoon I was doing some leisurely swimming under water and and suddenly saw one of those staring me down, I'd shoot out of the water so fast I'd end up on Jupiter. In a matter of seconds. Eeks!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks! I mean, how can you NOT love the nudibranch? It's such a spectacular nudibranch. Yeah, the axolotl is a bit... shall we say... intimidating? That would be waaaay freaky if one were to surprise you while swimming ;)

      Elimina
  3. Hey May...OMG IM SOOO SORRY! I didn't have the link to your blog in Florida so I've got A LOT of commenting to do...anyway...I'm planning on making nudibranch the signature on my phone...BTW tht little nudibranch on the bottom is TOTALLY smiling at you, because you're making it famous!!!! *Angel light shines over your head* Oh, and not to mention, I am in LOVE with: No, not an unreachable yet adorable person, no, not florida, BUT a *drumroll puh-leeeeze* quokka! Thank you for introducing me to that wonderful animal!!! LURVE the new backround! Adios!

    RispondiElimina