venerdì 27 luglio 2012

Clueless About the Olympics--What's Up With That?

     HAPPY SUMMER OLYMPICS, 2012!!! I feel annoyed at myself because during the 2008 Summer Olympics, I was pretty much monitoring everything that all the gymnasts and runners did (even before I started track), and this year? I didn't even know the Olympics were in London! I used to have this old tape recorder that I basically idolized when I was about 8 or 9, and my neighbor and I would just use it nonstop. It was actually my mom's for work interviews (sorry about that one, Mom! Or as I would say AFK--away from keyboard--"BUSTED!"), but being a sneaky little kid, I probably used reverse psychology or something to deviously get Mom to "loan" it to me... 
     So anyway, I would sing these crazy songs with my neighbor, most of them comprising, "My brother is stinky, sooooo stinky, aaand plus he smell-ell-ells" as 8-year-old girls love to broadcast, but they were quite fun to write! Then we would go into my backyard and throw water balloons at each other and stuff, but the point of the story was that I adored that tape recorder. Then my neighbor and her family moved to... ("where was it again, Mom? Oh yeah, right. Thanks!") India for the year, so I started to use it for myself. I watched almost every part of the Olympics that I could and recorded them with my dad (who was texting on the bed or something, LOL) and a month-old little brother who cried every time he heard the Olympics song (link here: brings back memories, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOBcACUD_Cs). Here's the one thing I really remember--there were a TON of car commercials! I mean, c'mon, people. How many 8-year-olds you know are buying Acuras and Maseratis during the Olympics?! Other than that, I was very entertained by watching and really want to listen to the recordings. Wow, that story really had no point, did it?
     MOVING ON... to fashion! I've discovered through Polyvore a new trend: Peter Pan collars. I think they're adorable and I'm going to post some cute outfits and dresses, shirts, etc. right this minute! Enjoy.
        (looks good with stripes, no?)            

3 commenti:

  1. I have been watching the oylmpics to! Especially the womens soccer. And the ofits!!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Thanks for translating the AFK and what have you for me, Pinkster. I would totally not have understood what you were talking about. The recorder? Consider it yours. Now with my google voice line I have all my profile interviews saved as mp3 files right on my handy-dandy computer. Re: Olympics. Go ROWING teams!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Hey May! Quick Question...was ur neighbor's name rachel? plxz answer in next post or email! :)Adios

    RispondiElimina