giovedì 26 aprile 2012

Cruisin' Back to Ancient Greece

     Hey guys! I'm back, and SO very sorry I abandoned you for a while there. But I'm back! Our ASK testing is over (Assessment of Skills and Knowledge), and I can relax, so HUZZAH! :) 
     In S.S., we've been learning about ancient Greece and mythology (my favorite!), so in lieu of learning stuff on the only day of the week that we don't have ASK, we're having the Greek Olympics! Isn't that splendiferous? My homeroom (we're Fullamers, as we like to be called) is the city-state Megara, so our team color is blue. Good thing I have so many blue clothes! Although I suppose I'd have it better off if our color was purple, because I have abundant amounts of purple shirts. But still. I like blue; it's all good! Anyhow, getting rawther *Eloise! lawl* sidetracked here... during the Olympics, we'll somehow be using torches (for what, I don't actually know) made out of paper towel holders and yellow and pink (we didn't have red or orange) paper, which we curled with scissors. I'm now addicted to curling paper, and that'll be my new art craze. Forget God's eyes!! Psh. They are SO yesterday! :D I crack myself up sometimes... not sure if that's a good thing... I'll do a craft post on the curled paper; hopefully it won't be as confusing as my first craft post. If you haven't realized by now, I am a pretty horrible teacher. So wish us Fullamers and Megara luck on the Olympics tomorrow! Hopefully all those track practices have come in handy.
     Lastly, I just have a pretty li'l dress (but to be worn with jeans) by DVF that I absolutely, positootly lurve! I found it when I was out shoppin' with my trusty maternal unit (wink wink, Mummy dear), but unfortunately I was forced to give it up. But I won't ever stop loving it!! Hope you'll love it as much as I do:  Of course, I have another one that is the same dress, but in a different pattern:  And finally, the outfit (minus the jeans and the ever-important accessories) wouldn't be complete without a cute pair of shoes, which are from the same collection, and which I wasn't allowed to purchase because the heels were too high:  Additional Note About the Shoes: The heels may not look high in the picture, but the bigger the shoe size was, the bigger the heel was, so the shoe in MY size had a too-high heel. Just clearing that up!
     Stay natty (a word I found when I was doing my thesaurus searching, which is my new favorite pastime! I'm trying to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my vocabulary, so I take a word I use often; example of 'stylish', then I thesaurus it and find cool words like 'natty'!! LOL),
<3 <3 <3 PINKY ALLA MODA <3 <3 <3

5 commenti:

  1. Hey May! Go fullamers/megarians! Me, being a fellow fullamer, love blue!! AAnd thank gum! for that new fashion post! You had me a little worried there fashonista! Adios!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Oh yeah, Fullamers!! :) Naturally; I mean, blue is our signature color! And also pink... but that goes without sayin', you know? No, you don't, cause you hate it. Weeeell anyhoo... :)
      Sorry for alarming you from my fashion post shortage!! I'll do more o' those; doncha worry! Ciao and pur-LEASE don't sit on any babies!

      Elimina
  2. I too, fellow murderous fiends, am learning about ancient Greece.
    GO SPARTANS VS ATHENIANS!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Whoa girl!!!! No way Athenians! They're goody-goodies, and after all, they NEVER listen to their mommies. So sorry, but not happening :) I do like the Spartans though, even though they ARE rawther violent and overly power-hungry. WE WON, WE WON! THE MEGARIANS WON FIRST PLACE!!! BOO YAH!

      Elimina
  3. HEY! I am an athenian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    RispondiElimina